Monday 20 July 2015

Afternoon Tea

Hello! Today I was lucky enough to go for afternoon tea at The Runnymede on Thames with my two friends Abbie and Mya. It was the nicest afternoon tea I've had in a long time and I was very full after the amount of food the 3 of us got through!

We got served a Tea of our choice and I chose a Camomile Tea. We got served different sandwiches that either contained: Egg and Mayonnaise, Ham with mustard, Salmon or Cucumber and cheese. Then we got served 4 different types of cakes which were: Eclairs, Fruit Cakes, Lemon Cake and a Jam Biscuit with a cream filling. Finally on the top we each got served a scone with butter cream and jam (This had to be boxed up for me to take home because I had eaten so much!)

I tried 3 out of the four sandwiches (Ham, Salmon, and Cucumber) and they were all delicious!

At the end we got served a cool drink of our choice and I selected the Elderflower drink with Mint and Lime. In my opinion it tasted really nice however not everyone liked the taste of it so it depends what flavours you like the taste of!

It was a lovely location and although from the outside the venue doesn't look appealing, the inside looks smart and has a lovely view of the river! I chose to dress quite smartly because it was a nice venue so I wore my white skater dress from Topshop which I bought for £30.


           Cayetana

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post! The cakes were absolutely devine, I could happily eat more now! x

    www.abigailjessicax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete