Sunday 20 September 2015

My Trip to London and Wicked The Musical

Hello!
So the reason I couldn't post on my blog yesterday was because I was in London! I went to see Wicked the musical yet again twice in one day! Myself and my friend Charlotte went up to London at 3 in the morning to queue up for the show and it was definitely worth it!

As you may have read in previous posts, I adore wicked. I think it is one of the most creative and well  thought out productions in the west end, not to mention the incredibly talented Savannah Stevenson, Emma Hatton and Jeremy Taylor who all star in the cast! I have once previously queued up for 'Day Tickets' (These tickets are for the front row and are sold at 10 am to the first few people in the line. There are 24 tickets available and each person can buy 2). The view at the front was worth the wait however we had previously arrived at 7am, this time we woke up at 3am and there were already 9 people in the line.


After travelling to London having had 3 hours of sleep the previous night and a 6/7 hour wait to get our tickets they finally allowed us into the theatre and we got tickets for both the Matinee show (seats A28 and A29) and the evening show (seats A18 and A19). Both times we were sat slightly off centre and had a great view! The matinee show was a 'muck up matinee' which involved the actors pulling pranks and changing small parts of the script for the actors who were leaving the show. (The cast will change Monday 21st September) Jeremy Taylor, who played Fiyero, was particularly confused when all the guards left the stage as he was supposed to be captured and when they locked the trap door so he couldn't open it. I recommend going to watch any cast change of a production if you have seen the show before!

To fill up time in between each show, we went to Oxford Street and I bought a black jumper from Brandy Melville. We also went to Lush, one of my favourite shops,  which I think we spent a good 1-2 hours inside. I purchased the Avobath bath ballistic, The Comforter bubble bar slice, the Tea Tree Toner water and the No Drought dry shampoo. I have purchased the Avobath and The Comforter in the past and they have become two of my favourite products from lush. I will let you know if the Tea Tree toner and No drought dry shampoo work well in a future blog post! If you have the chance to visit the Lush in Oxford street pop in and test some of their exclusive products! Some of my favourites are there such as The Experimenter and I'm super excited to see what Halloween and Christmas products the bring out this year!

After shopping and watching the matinee show there is the opportunity to go to the stage door and meet the cast! We managed to see Jeremy again and although we didn't get a photo with him, he signed our Grimmerie's!

The final show was very emotional (It didn't help that we had only had 3 hours sleep and had now been awake for approximately 21 hours) and at the very end Savannah  and Emma (who play Glinda and Elphaba) acknowledged all the members of the cast who were leaving. There were a lot of tears but it was an amazing and incredible day!

                                                               ♥Cayetana

No comments:

Post a Comment