Saturday 31 October 2015

Halloween Makeup - Cat

Hello!
So in the spirit of Halloween, I thought I would share with you a fun and easy last minute look that you can put together for a party! I am most certainly not a makeup artist, however I was happy with the overall look and thought I would share it with you.

I have created the look of a cat. I have started by applying my normal make up. I normally don't wear foundation but on this occasion, I have used the MAC mineralize moisture foundation. I find the foundation gives me a light coverage to cover any spots or imperfections on my skin. Next I use the Natural Collection liquid concealer. It is extremely well priced at £1.99. Unfortunately, I have not seen it in any shops recently and have a feeling that it may have been discontinued but, Collection have a very similar concealer at a slightly higher in price that can be bought instead. Next, I use my Clinique Superpowder Double Face makeup which is what I use on a daily basis because it gives me a great coverage for a powder and will double up as a foundation. Finally, for my face I will add the LOreal blush. To apply my makeup I use the Real Techniques and Dirty works brushes as they are of a very high quality and don't irritate my skin.

For my eyes I have used Natural Collection black eyeliner pencil for my water line and the Bourjois felt-tip eyeliner to create a wing on the upper lash line. Finally, I have used one of my old favourite mascaras to create lots of volume which is the Rimmel Max Bold Curves mascara. over the top of my eye, I created a smokey look using an Eco-tools brush to apply blue, black and purple eyeshadow. I applied blue and black combined together on the eye lid and lower lash line and purple to the crease of the eye. I chose these colours because they fitted the Halloween theme.

For my lips I began my applying the EOS lip balm in the flavour Mint. I did this to create a base to make it easier to apply the lipstick. As well as this I also use my MAC lipstick in the shade CREMESHEEN to create a base colour so i could easily outline my lips. I then took a black eye pencil and outlined my upper lip to accentuate the Cupid's bow. I then applied the Bourjois Rouge edition in the shade 13 rouge jet set to the whole lip and blended it with the black to create a dark red colour. Finally, I used a pink/purple lip pencil and went over most of my lip leaving the centre bright red and the rest a dark purple/black.

Finally using the black eye pencil, I drew on whiskers and a nose to make myself look like a cat.

I hope you like this look , please comment of e-mail me with any tips or blog ideas!

                                                                     ♥Cayetana


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I tagged you over on my blog to do the liebster award... you can check it out here: http://www.abigailjessicax.com/2015/11/the-liebster-award.html x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou sweetie x Just to let you know I have posted my liebster award! :)

    ReplyDelete