Saturday 5 September 2015

Wicked The Musical

Hello!
Today I want to talk to you about what I believe is one of the most amazing Musicals in London: Wicked!
I have watched the musical twice now and in a few weeks I am going to watch it for the third and fourth time (twice in one day) and I am incredibly excited! If you are thinking of going continue reading and it might help you make your decision.

Wicked is the story of two witches, (previously found in the story 'The Wizard of OZ') Elphaba and Glinda, Who meet at Shiz University. While Glinda leas a popular life, Elphaba is seen to remain true to herself although she is misunderstood. Through out the show we see Glinda and Elphaba become friends and we also see the links between the Wizard Of OZ and Wicked.

I love the costume and set designs of the productions. Every scene is thought out so well and the producers of the show have really thought out how to bring the best moments to life! One key moment that I love is Defying gravity where Elphaba rises up to bring Act 1 to a close.

When watching the show I would recommend either sitting in the stalls, front of the balcony or the front row. The first time I went I sat in the stalls towards the left of the stage (stage right from the actors point of view) and although I had a good view and was near to the stage, I couldn't see around certain corners so I found that I missed part of the overall performance. The second time I went to watch it, I sat in the front row the view is outstanding ans you are right next to the orchestra and the best part was we got the tickets for £29.50 (which is much cheaper than the rest of the tickets for the show). I recommend sitting as close to the middle of any show for the best view.

To get front row tickets you simply have to queue up in the morning before 10 am and on a first come first served basis the tickets are allocated to the first 24 or so people that arrive. The earlier you are the better change you have of being front and centre. We queued up on a Wednesday at 7am when there is a matinee show as well as an evening performance so we managed to get the centre seats however when we arrived there were already 10 people there so we were very lucky we got to sit where we did.

After the show you can go to the stage door (this is located on the side of the theatre nearest to Victoria Station) and meet some of the cast such as Elphaba, Glinda, Fiyero and the Wizard. We were incredibly lucky and managed to get a photo with Jeremy Taylor who plays Fiyero :)

It is an incredible day out and I would recommend going to see it! If you have any queries regarding the show or how to get tickets leave a comment or e-mail me.

                                                                   ♥Cayetana

No comments:

Post a Comment